If you’re looking for one of the best multi-purpose canister steam cleaners of 2016, then look no further. The McCulloch MC1385 Deluxe Canister Steam System is everything you could want and more in a steam cleaner. This amazing tool is McCulloch Steam’s most powerful to date. In this review I want to show you every single aspect of this product. First, I’ll show you the unboxing of the product and we’ll take a look at all the attachments. After that, we’ll put it to use and steam clean everything from kitchen tile grout, carpet stains, and even your car’s air conditioning vents.
Yes, you could say this is a versatile product! It has very little limitations when it comes to cleaning. It’s an affordable way to clean using zero cleaning products. All this handy tool requires is water.
Some quick facts about the MC1385
- Reaches pressures of up to 58 PSI.
- Sanitizes with no cleaning chemicals.
- It is equipped with a 64 oz. water capacity.
- 12 minute heat up time.
- Provides up to 120 minutes of continuous steam.
- 23 handy cleaning attachments.
Unboxing the McCulloch MC1385
I don’t believe the McCulloch MC1385 is sold in stores and I personally got mine online. The MC1385 comes shipped in a pretty big box like you can see in the picture. The reason the box is so big: it contains A LOT of cleaning attachments. Like you saw above, it contains 23 different attachments that range from nylon scrub brush pads, to steam mop attachments. We’ll see more on that soon.
The total shipping weight amounts to 19.3 pounds. The weight of the steam cleaner itself is about 13 lbs. The best part is you never have to worry about lifting and moving as it comes with an integrated carrying handle to make use of the wheels. So you really can just roll it around everywhere!
If you are an Amazon Prime member, not only is the MC1385 cheaper, but you get that super special prime shipping. Try Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial
What’s In The Box?
I think a suitable response to that question is: What isn’t in the box? This canister steam cleaner is McCulloch’s most fully loaded steam cleaner to date. The contents of the box are as follows:
The Steam Cleaner
- (1) MC1385 Deluxe Canister Steam Cleaner
- (1) Integrated Carrying Handle – Attach this to the steam cleaner for easy portability. The MC1385 comes equipped with a rolling feature so you won’t have to do any lifting.
- (1) Instruction Booklet – Always read this before using the MC1385
- (1) Large Carrying Bag – Forget having to shuffle small parts around. Put them all in in this convenient carrying bag!
- (1) Accessory Net – You can neatly store all your attachments in the handy accessory net.
- (1) Measuring Cup and Funnel – Use these for filling the MC1385. Fill up to 16 oz. at a time with the measuring cup. This steam cleaner has a whopping 64 oz. max fill capacity providing up to 120 minutes of continuous steam!
So what are the attachments included with the McCulloch MC1385 you ask? Take a look below.
- (2) 1.5″ Nylon Utility Brushes – You will no doubt be using these handy cleaning brushes the majority of the time. They offer the perfect scrubbing solution without being too abrasive.
- (2) 1.5″ Brass Utility Brushes – I love these brass brushes. I actually use these for steam cleaning grout to a like-new state. Careful! These are very abrasive so always test a small area before you go to town!
- (2) 2.5″ Round Scrub Pads – These are hands-down the best attachments for sanitizing flat surfaces. They isolate the steam and you get every bit of cleaning power the MC1385 provides.
- (2) 2.5″ Round Scrub Brushes – These are like the nylon brushes but with a wider diameter. These are really handle for steam cleaning carpet stains.
- (1) 6″ x 4.5″ Large Rectangle Brush – Turn your triangle brush into a large rectangle brush with this 6″ x 4.5″ in. attachment. Perfect for scrubbing down a wide area.
- (1) Triangle Brush – Steam clean carpet stains away! There are so many uses for this brush. Get into corners, and detail your car like a pro.
Steam Mop Accessories
- (2) Extension Wands – Use these to turn your steam handle into a fully functioning steam mop. You can also use these to extend your reach when steam cleaning.
- (2) Microfiber Scrubbing Mop Pads – You attach the microfiber mop pads to the steam mop had with a really neat hooking system that requires no effort whatsoever. One of the pads is a little more abrasive than the other.
- (1) Bristle Brush Mop Attachment – This attaches to the mop head to give you that little bit of extra scrubbing power.
- (1) Scraping Tool – If you need a tool for gum or wallpaper removal, then this it. It attaches to the steam handle and shoots out hot steam to melt gunk while you scrape it away.
- (1) Squeegee – Steam and squeegee your windows sparkling clean.
- (1) Steam Jet Nozzle – You’ll use this tool to attach most of the other included attachments to the steam cleaner. Check out the video below to see what I mean.
- (1) Angled Nozzle – Great for corners and crevices. Get into the rim of your toilet bowl and steam it fresh and clean!
A Closer Look
Want to have a closer look at what’s included with the McCulloch MC1385? I invite you to watch my in-depth video on the contents of the package! Enjoy! But make sure you keep reading to see the MC1385 in action!
The MC1385 In Action
So we’ve seen the contents of the box when your purchase an MC1385, but how does it perform when it comes to steam cleaning? There’s a really short answer to this question: Amazing. The MC1385 is by far the most powerful steam cleaner for it’s price. With up to 58 PSI you can blast gunk and grime away with ease. Chemical free steam cleaning is in your hands with just a 12-minute heat up time. Let’s see what you can do with the McCulloch MC1385 Deluxe Canister Steam Cleaner.
Let’s face it. Nobody wants this job. The bathroom can become a dirty place if left untouched for a while. But, with the McCulloch MC1385, it almost makes it kind of fun! That’s a joke, but it certainly makes it easier.
I start my steam cleaning with the sink. I attach the round nylon brush attachment to the steam handle and let the steam get to work. Yes, I say ‘let the steam get to work’ because it does most of the work anyway! All I do is guide the steam handle and let the magic happen.
After I finish steam cleaning the sink, I move on to the toilet. With the MC1385 you don’t have to get your hands dirty. Just attach a cleaning attachment of your choice and let it do the work. The toilet has a lot of flat surfaces other than the actual bowl itself. So for this reason, I attach one of the green scrubbing pads included with the product. Take a look at the pictures of the attachment up close and in action below.
For the toilet bowl, using the nylon scrub brush is your best bet. After you’ve steam cleaned and sanitized all the flat surfaces using the green scrubbing pad, just attach the nylon brush and keep going!
But what about the rim of the toilet bowl? The rim of the toilet bowl is just downright dirty. It’s that area of the toilet that never gets cleaned cause you just sort of forget about it! Well hopefully you don’t, but if you do, this is your best solution. Remember the angled nozzle attachment you learned about earlier? Attach it and use it to steam all around the toilet bowl and get it sparkling clean. You can see how I used this attachment in the picture below.
Not bad right? You can do this too with the MC1385! If you’d like to purchase this steam cleaner from Amazon, click here.
Steam Cleaning The Kitchen
Do you need to sanitize your kitchen sink or counter tops? Maybe steam clean your grout to a like-new state? How about steam mopping your kitchen for fresh and clean floors? The MC1385 does all that and more. You’ll find the value of this product in just one steam cleaning session. I always start with the the top and work my way to the bottom of the kitchen. So basically, the kitchen sink and counter tops and then down to the tile and grout.
The rectangle brush is great for sanitizing your kitchen’s counters. If you are tired of using chemicals to clean the areas you prepare your food on then steam cleaning is a great alternative. You can either use the green scrubbing pads for this job, or attach the triangle brush to the 6″ x 4.5″ large rectangle brush to steam clean a wider surface area.
Once I’ve got the kitchen sink and counters all steamed and cleaned, I move on to the tile and grout. Fortunately, you don’t have to clean grout all the time as it takes time to get really dirty. I generally just use the steam mop with the scrubbing microfiber mop pad and get to work.
What I love most is how the tile feels after you’ve steam mopped. Once all the moisture evaporates, the floors feel smooth and clean. Unlike when you use a cleaning chemical and wet mop and get a sticky residue from the product. Yuck! You don’t have that problem with a steam mop and the fact that the MC1385 includes one with the purchase is awesome.
If you need to steam clean your grout, then you need to check this out! Seeing is believing if you have never seen grout steam cleaned before. My favorite attachment to use for steam cleaning my grout is the round brass bristle brushes included with the MC1385.
But, user beware! These brass bristle brushes are extremely abrasive and are made of the same material you would find on a BBQ grill cleaning brush (which you can use a steam cleaner on too!). For this reason, you have got to test a small area before going crazy. You wouldn’t want to damage anything!
If you don’t want to take any risks, go ahead and just use the nylon bristle brushes that are included with the MC1385. These work just as well. The only difference is that you may find these brushes tend to wear out a little faster than the brass bristle brushes (for obvious reason).
Back and forth motions are all it takes to steam clean your grout. The steam does most of the work and you can finish it off with a few simple swipes of a towel. Although it can be time consuming, it is totally worth it! It is a much better alternative to paying a company ridiculous amounts of money to come do it for you. You’ll have a blast doing it too!
Auto Detailing With Steam
Whether you are an auto detailing professional or just looking to try something new to clean up your car, the McCulloch MC1385 is for you! You can steam clean virtually every part of your vehicle. Steam clean your floor mats, the center consoles, sticky cup holders, the windows, and even your air conditioning vents! The possibilities are endless with a steam cleaner.
There is nothing that will impress a customer more than seeing their car being treated with the utmost care. With steam, you are able to clean and sanitize without any harmful chemicals. It is a great addition to your arsenal of cleaning tools!
One of the best advantages with using the McCulloch MC1385 is it’s ability to pick up stains. Whether they are on the floor mats or the upholstery, the combination of hot steam and the scrubbing power of the nylon bristles make for a dynamic stain-busting duo! My attachment of choice for steam cleaning up carpet stains is the round 2.5″ scrub brushes. You’ll find the bristles are a perfect length for agitating the fibers of the carpet.
More Of The MC1385 In Action
Do you want to see what else the McCulloch MC1385 Deluxe Canister Steam System can do? Take a look at my in-depth video below of the McCulloch MC1385 blasting through gunk and grime. See how I steam clean everything from soap scum to really dirty kitchen tile grout! I showed you some auto detailing with steam above, but watch the video and visit my YouTube channel “Steam, Clean, Renew!” to see even more!
A Final Look
The McCulloch MC1385 Deluxe Canister Steam System is a force to be reckoned with. It is McCulloch’s biggest and baddest to date, and for the price, it’s unbeatable! There is currently no other steam cleaner on the market that offer the most bang for you buck like this one. With 23 cleaning attachments and a 120 minute continuous run time, you are going to run out of things to clean before you run out of steam!
You’ll never have to pick up another cleaning chemical again when you make the switch to steam cleaning. The MC1385 reaches up to 200° F which exceeds the minimum temperature for sanitizing (180° F). All you’ve gotta do to sanitize an area is hold the steam on an area for around 5 seconds. That’s it!
So are you ready to stop reading about the McCulloch MC1385 and ready to start steam cleaning? If so, click here to visit Amazon and purchase yours today!
Thanks for stopping by here at Steam, Clean, Renew!